Frequently Asked Questions
When is rent due?
All rent is due on or before the first of every month.
How may I pay rent?
We accept online payments through our website.
We will also accept the following methods of payment for rent:
Personal Check, Cashiers Check , Traveler’s Check , Money Order , Cash
Is there a grace period before late fees are applied?
Yes, we allow a five day grace period for rent. After the fifth day of the month, a delinquency charge of 5% will be assessed.
I’ve paid my share of rent, but my roommates haven’t. Am I still responsible?
Yes, you are. All of our leases are joint tenancies. This means that everyone on the lease is EQUALLY RESPONSIBLE for all fees, penalties, and payments.
How much is the damage deposit?
The damage deposit is equal to one month’s rent.
Can my damage deposit be applied to rent?
No, damage deposits are to pay for any damages that occur during the lease term.
When are damage deposits refunded?
Minus any charges, damage deposits are mailed out 30 days after the lease term ends.
High Speed Internet
Free High Speed Fiber-Optic Internet
Pavlov Media provides 3 tiers for speed depending on the content:
- Most popular video and media content is stored on the Tesseractiv server and available at 1,000Mbps.
- WebSnap: Use the full available bandwidth to instantly load a webpage. Allows up to 250Mbps for 2 seconds.
- For content not on Tesseractiv server and after WebSnap is used: 50Mbps cap per person.
Pavlov Media has 24/7 customer support at 888.4.PAVLOV or online.98% of calls answered within 90 seconds. Pavlov is based out of Champaign.
The system is already set up and is plug-and-play.
Who is responsible for the utilities in my apartment?
Unless specified in the lease, all utilities are the responsibility of the tenant. This also includes making arrangements to have utilities connected at the beginning of the lease, and disconnected at the end of the term.
What are the phone numbers for the utility companies?
The telephone numbers for the local utilities are listed below for your reference.
- Electricity & Gas – Ameren (800) 755-5000
- Water – Illinois American Water (217) 352-1420
Does Hunsinger Enterprises, Inc. offer any semester or short-term leases?
No, we offer 12 month leases.
**Application: There is a $25.00 fee to process the application.**
What if I want to sublease my apartment?
Listed below are our subleasing procedures.
- -All sublessors need to complete an application and be approved.
- -All subleases are done by appointment only, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- -The lessees account must be current (no past due rent, late fees, etc.)
- -A $50.00 administrative fee is due at the time of signing the sublease.
- -All lessees must be present at the time of signing. If any lessee cannot be present at the time of signing, we must have a letter prior to signing the sublease from non-present lessees. The letter needs to state, “I agree to all terms and conditions my roommates set forth in a sublease.”
- -One original lessee must be present to do a sublease.
Someone is parked in my parking place, what should I do?
Parking at Hunsinger Enterprises, Inc. is based on assigned spaces. If someone else has parked in your spot it is your responsibility to have them towed. You should call Tatman’s Towing at 217-328-1627. Be sure to have a copy of your parking lease on hand to show the tow truck driver as well.
I’m not a Hunsinger Enterprises, Inc. resident; may I rent a parking space anyway?
Yes, we will rent parking to non-residents on a first-come-first-serve basis. Keep in mind that early in the leasing season we will hold spaces for our residents first. Contact the leasing office at 337-1565 for information about when parking becomes available for non-tenants.